Monday, March 17, 2014

Lesson 10 Reflection - Landing Pages & Website Optimizer & SEO

6 Great tips to Optimizing a landing page: http://moz.com/blog/6-essential-ppc-landing-page-optimizations

Landing Page Optimization and Website Optimizer
Basic SEO
View What is Search Engine Optimization/SEO, read Perfecting Keyword Targeting & On-Page Optimization (you don't need to read the comments), and then take a look at your website. List the five best things you can do to help your sites be optimized for search engines. Explain your reasoning.  
1. Make sure my page content is Uniquely valuable. Good content is king. Need to make sure the page is easy to understand.
2. Edit my Page Title to use primary keywords in it. This will be the title line on google search results.
3. The URL to each page should include the keyword that page is meant to promote. This makes sure that it also appear in links when coming from other sites.
4. My images are called by important keywords but not necessarily the actual keyword for that page, so I guess I need multiple versions of the same image, just with different names. I also need to have go back and add image alt attributes, a feature that I have just skipped but a great opportunity to fit in another keyword. 
5. Links between pages. I haven't yet built up links from outside websites but I can at least start creating internal links from one page to another. This will help improve link rankings. 
6. Add keywords to the meta description. This will make the keyword turn bold in the search result helping entice people to click on the result. 

Algorithm Ingredients
Words Matter
Titles Matter
Links Matter
Words in Links
Reputation

For three of your web pages, list at least one keyword that you want to optimize that page for and explain why you chose those words.

1. 7 Must Have Products page. I want to optimize it for the keyword "wheatgrass fertilizer". I need to first do some research about that keyword but I think it could be a profitable way to go.
http://wheatgrassjuicing.com/7-must-haves-for-juicing-wheatgrass/
2. Benefits of Wheatgrass page. I would want to optimize this page for the key word "wheatgrass benefits" There are a lot of people out there who want to investigate the benefits before getting into wheatgrass, so if i can drive more traffic to that page, I could become a trusted source on the subject, encouraging people to then purchase products from my site.
http://wheatgrassjuicing.com/benefits-of-wheatgrass/
3. How to Wheatgrass. I need to optimize this site for the key word "wheatgrass growing". This is my highest performing keyword in my Adwords campaign. If I can optimize the site to drive organic traffic to the page, then I will end up spending less on clicks. 
http://wheatgrassjuicing.com/how-to/

Choosing how to optimize

One important takeaway from this post should be that modern on-page SEO is about juggling competing priorities. In general, my recommended ordering of those priorities is as follows:
  1. Create a page that is uniquely valuable to your targeted searchers.
  2. If at all possible, make the page likely to earn links and shares naturally (without needing to build links or prod people).
  3. Balance keyword targeting with usability and user experience, but never ignore the critical elements like page titles, headlines, and body content at the least.
  4. see his example of the perfectly optimized page: http://moz.com/blog/visual-guide-to-keyword-targeting-onpage-optimization


Use Backlinks Checker Tool — Backlink Watch to determine how many inlinks your site has.
Input your response in the question area by clicking “Start” below.
Once you have submitted your response, answer the questions that have been posted in the “Basic SEO Discussion Board.” The discussion board will open Wednesday at 12:01 AM. 
References:

No comments:

Post a Comment